A Mobile library Refers to some suitably equipped and reinforced bus or vehicle which visits schools based on a regular schedule, using a resources collection which could be borrowed by students and teachers. It may also be used to refresh a college’s resource set by issuing of block loans. This version of library is operated from a central library/depot of resources, such as regional or district education resource centre. The mobile library service has been initiated chiefly to facilitate the requirements for library service in the main libraries by reaching out to the general population with the only goal of providing current and accurate information to fulfill the requirements in rural schools.
It is designed to hold Books on shelves so the books can easily be obtained by readers once the car is parked. The vehicle used generally has sufficient space for people to read the book inside of it. They are often utilized to offer library support to villages and city suburbs that have no library buildings. They can also serve groups of people who have trouble accessing library services.
Requirements for the Operation of a Mobile Library
Some of the Requirements required for the performance of services are emphasized thus:
Libraries and Information centers do not exist in vacuum. There’s always a sound rationale for their surgeries. Hence the following reasons below say the significance of mobile libraries:
- Move on to support other schools as schools progress towards creating their own school library and information support;
- The school’s library Resource is refreshed frequently by mobile library service because the choice is based on the requirements of the schools which are visited;
- This service is Useful particularly in the rural schools, whenever there is a shortage of large organizational capacity and too little room to establish a correct library;
- Engage in the Sharing of resources that enables teachers and pupils to access a vast assortment of resources;
- Assist the teachers in developing learners to become information literate and develop the reading habit;
- Have other learning Interventions like arts, music, science and technology learning Programmers as part of the School Library and Information Service Programmed, which will benefit all students.
- Target user groups and their data needs in remote communities or other areas where library services are now not able to excite or fulfill the requirement for information;
- Mobile libraries make reading materials available to several schools according to their different learning needs. Picture books with less complicated illustrations, words and information books with many photos are chosen for a course in the preparatory level;
- They perform a vital Role in times of disasters by directing many stakeholders such as citizens, experts and policy makers by providing trustworthy sources of information;
- Building lasting Ties with the college community through establishing mariyam dawood sustainable venture by helping to inculcate the culture and habit of reading in the communities;